Chevron HSEQ

Chevron HSEQ
HSEQ Management Systems Consulting

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Businesses Claiming Quality Assurance that aren't Certified

I noticed this yesterday when I was grocery shopping and as someone that works hard to ensure that Quality Assurance means something it annoyed me quite a lot (I should probably get out more)


My problem with this is that although "Quality Assured" is stamped on there with a big tick, Black and Gold is not QA certified, neither is their parent company IGA. It's the equivalent of putting an organic label on something that has not gone through any form of certification process to ensure that it is organic.

I've noticed it a lot lately when I visit company websites. There are plenty of sites out there with a "Quality Assurance" tab and lots of fluffy words about their quality processes which make it look like they are a certified business, but when you look them up on the register of certified companies, they are nowhere to be found.

So that's my rant for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment